Life City Church – Multimedia, Audio & Video Resources
Quick Reference Guide
- Life City Multimedia Quick Reference Guide 2017 [link to doc]
- How to turn on equipment – 10 December 2017
- Propresenter – Fonts
Change font for many slides at once by applying Template – #Formatting #Song #Editing #lyrics – 10 December 2017
- ProPresenter – Not responding
What to do when Propresenter gets stuck #Troubleshooting #propresenter – What to do if cannot Change songs or slides – 10 December 2017
- Don’t put stuff on top of switcher [video]
- Backgrounds – How to change image to be background [video]
- See Advanced tab below for troubleshooting
- How to import Powerpoint from a USB to ProPresenter [video]
Hub Projector – OpenLP
- Getting started with OpenLP [video]
Media, Audio, Video - Learning Log
17 Dec 2017
- Audio – Recording – Enter a unique filename or it may overwrite the previous recording! Training required.
- Powerpoint – Importing – If it pops up with an error, you may just need to close the file in PowerPoint before importing to ProPresenter. Training required.
- Remote Clicker/Presenter – Lost USB receiver. Action: Need to buy one.
- 10 Dec 2017
- Video camera – Power – make sure mains is plugged in not half way, but in fully.
- Video camera – make sure laptop powered from mains
- Nov 2017 – Wifi and internet issues appear to be resolved
- Do not stream worship music or video downloaded from YouTube, such as worship music video. If the owner has a global ban on the video, YouTube will automatically detect it and disable streaming for 3-months
Media related prophetic dreams
God’s Media Army Dream – Julie Meyer, International House Of Prayer [video]
Why serve God? #encouragement
Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands!
2 Serve the Lord with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
3 Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;[a]
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
5 For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.
18 “Do not remember the former things,
Nor consider the things of old.
19 Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
20 The beast of the field will honor Me,
The jackals and the ostriches,
Because I give waters in the wilderness
And rivers in the desert,
To give drink to My people, My chosen.
21 This people I have formed for Myself;
They shall declare My praise.
Pleading with Unfaithful Israel
22 “But you have not called upon Me, O Jacob;
And you have been weary of Me, O Israel.
23 You have not brought Me the sheep for your burnt offerings,
Nor have you honored Me with your sacrifices.
I have not caused you to serve with grain offerings,
Nor wearied you with incense.
Media Desk Log
- Side screens flickered between black and the powerpoint message. It appears to be due to the switcher overheating. Action: Switcher – vacuum & blow away dust with compressed air. Lighting dimmer box mayalso require it.
- Moved all remote controls and opened the back cover of the switcher’s roading case to allow better air flow for cooling. No problems after doing this, all day Sunday. Action: need to determine a suitable location for the remotes.
- Changed from using the 1 in 4 out VGA Matrix (Splitter) to a 1 in 2 out VGA Matrix. It still loses signal momentarily on both projectors, when initially switching between inputs to the computer (Left projector loses signal for longer than the right hand side – not sure why). Action: set up the 8×8 rgbhv Matrix (instead of the 1 in 4 out matrix or 1 in 2 out matrix) or change back to the 1 in 4 out VGA Matrix.
Thursday 21 Dec 2017 (Christmas Eve Service Practice)
- Reconnected power to the VGA to HDMI converter.
- Reconnected VGA lead from (a) 1-in-4-out VGA matrix (splitter) to (b) the VGA to HDMI converter.
- Reconnected HDMI lead from (a) VGA to HDMI matrix (splitter) to (b) HDMI over Cat 5/6 extender (to the Hub). Tested the pictures; they look really good. Particularly when the Hub lights are turned off.
Tuesday 19 Dec 2017 (Christmas Eve Service Practice)
- Installed an 8×8 RGBHV matrix on top of the vision switcher and 3RU media roadie case. Put monitor and phone on top.
- Right hand side prjoector needed lens shift (vertical adjustment) for the edge blend.
Sunday Night, 3 Dec 2017
- Middle PC mouse not working mid-service. May be just lost on the Presentation screen but hidden by ProPresenter. Training required.
- Difficult to turn on side screen projectors. May need to replace batteries in the remote?
- Need to get spare 1 in 4 out VGA matrix (it has been showing signs it’s about to fail for over 6 months) for side screen send to:
- Left Side Screen
- Right Side Screen
- The Hub
- Aud 2
Sunday morning, 3 Dec. 2017
- ProPresenter “quit unexpectedly”
- ProPresenter froze and required “force quit”
Media - Vision Switcher Setup and Specs
- Input 1. Analog Camera
- Input 2.
- Input 3.
- Input 4.
- Input 5. iMac PC1
- Input 6. HDMI input (“Apple TV”)
- Input 7.
- Input 8.
- Input 9.
Barco PDS-902 – Specs
- 9 inputs, 2 outputs (Preview & Program mode, or Matrix Mode)
- 4 Analog inputs – HD15 ports
- 4 Digital or Analog inputs – DVI-I ports
- 1 SDI port
- Preview – 1 x HD15 port and 1 x DVI port
- Program – 1 x HD15 port, 1 x DVI port and 1 x SDI port
Media - Projector Specs
Side Screen Projectors
- Viewsonic Pro8450w
- High Brightness WXGA projector – 120Hz and 3D-ready
- Brightness: 4500 ANSI Lumens
Middle Screen Projectors
3 Projectors with edge blending
- Model: WD8200U
- Manufacturer: Mitsubishi
- Output: 6500 Lumens
- Hardware edge blending (tapering off brightnes)
- Lamp mode:
- Dual Lamp
- Standard brightness
Video - How to Set Up Video Camera on Stage for Water Baptism
Media - Projector Log
- Replaced all 6 lamps on the middle projectors (2 lamps per projector).
- After installing the new lamps, the projectors would operate fine, but then automatically shut down after a few minutes and the lamp 1 and lamp 2 lights would blink orange. The projector manual’s troubleshooting page didn’t say what to do. It did say that if status light was orange, then filters needed cleaning.
- I cleaned the vents which were covered in layers of dust using a vacuum cleaner and small microfibre cloth.
- I used the yellow ladder with platform on the top, which I used to place the Miele vacuum cleaner, while I vacuumed the vents and air filter. Note: the air filters are automatically cleaned by the projector, so they didn’t have much dirt.
- Note 1: Left projector has a more dominant purple tinge coming from the vents at the rear of the projector compared to white from the others. Previously they were all white.
- Note 2: Right projector, Lamp 2 housing has a screw missing on the top.
Video - Live Streaming Log
- Sep. 2017 Successfully streaming during September, October via ethernet to Youtube at 720p, 1080p and higher resolution
- Aug 2017 – Requested Brett from the IT company to assign QoS (Quality Of Service) preference to the Youtube Live server address for streaming
- Feb 2017 – Streamed ACC LIFT
- Initial Setup – How to set up a Mac for presentation – Turn off system sound effects -10 December 2017 [video]
- Creche message troubleshooting. How to get it to display at the bottom [video]
- Troubleshooting – Blank side projectors [video]
- Mac Setup – How to change dock size so it doesn’t block ProPresenter [video]